Sonin (‘we’) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy and any other documents we refer to in this policy set out how we will use your personal information and with whom it will be shared. Please read the following carefully.
1.0 What information do we collect about you?
We may collect and process the following data about you (‘your information’):
- information that you submit online via our site including your name, contact information including email address, business address, job title, mobile phone number and other information relevant to customer surveys;
- any correspondence you send to us;
- details of your visits to the Site and the resources that you access (which may include, amongst other things; traffic data and communication data).
We are aware that your information may be confidential and we will protect the confidentiality of your information in accordance with our normal procedures and legal requirements including GDPR.
2.0 How will we use your information?
We collect your information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. We use your information in the following ways:
- to ensure that the Site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you and/or to customise the Site according to your interests;
- for our internal purposes, such as Internal record keeping, quality control or to improve our products and services, site performance, system administration and to evaluate use of the Site, so that we can provide you with enhanced services;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you (provided of course that you agree);
- to create reports to assist with future marketing;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts with you and for billing and delivery purposes; and
- to enable you to participate in the features of the Site, when you choose to do so.
We may monitor your use of the Site and record your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration through Google Analytics. This is statistical information about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
We collect non-personal aggregated statistics data about Visitors to the Site and sales and traffic patterns. Just to be clear, this information does not identify users in any personal capacity and we do not use this information to build profiles on individual users: it just contains generalised information about the users of the Site.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: to analyse the use of the Site by, for example, recognising and counting the number of visitors and how they move around the Site. This helps us to see what parts of the site are popular and which sections need improving to make the experience better for users;
- Functionality Cookies: to recognise you when you return to the Site so that content can be personalised for you, for example, by remembering your country and site preferences; and
- Tracking Cookies: to record your visit to the Site and the pages you have visited and links you have followed. We will use this to make the Site more relevant to your interests.
4.1 We do not pass on your data to third parties for marketing purposes. If you are an existing customer, unless you have indicated that you do not want to hear from us, we may contact you by email, SMS or telephone with:
- information about products and services which are similar to those we previously provided to you;
- special offer or other information which we think you may find interesting; and
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
4.2 If you are a new customer, we may contact you by email, SMS or telephone only if you consent.
4.3 You may ask us at any time not to use your information for marketing purposes by contacting us.
5.0 Where do we hold your information?
5.1 We hold all personal information within a central and secure CMS.
5.2 Additional information relating to site usage, that cannot identify users is stored in Google Analytics.
5.3 We will keep your information for as long as is necessary, however can be accessed and removed immediately at the request of a customer.
6.0 With whom do we share your information?
6.1 We may share your information with other organisations:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets (as we may share your data with the prospective seller or buyer);
- if we or substantially all of our company assets are acquired by another party, in which case your information will be one of the transferred assets;
- business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with them or you;
- if we have to share your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, or if we have to enforce any other agreements or to protect our rights, property or our customers, etc. This may involve exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6.2 We may share the non-personal aggregated statistics data about Visitors to the Site with third parties.
6.3 We may also share your information with selected third parties for the purposes of credit card clearance/credit reference/order fulfilment/delivery/data analysis/customer support/storage services.
7.0 How do we keep your information secure?
7.1 We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All your information is stored securely on hosted servers. Any actions you perform on the site which are related to your account will be encrypted.
7.2 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will apply our normal procedures and comply with legal requirements to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
8.0 Links to other sites
8.1 The Site may from time to time contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those sites, please note that those sites ought to have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or for their privacy policies. Please check those privacy policies before you submit your information to those sites.
9.0 Your rights
9.1 Under the Data Protection Act and GDPR you have the right to see the personal information that we hold about you, whether collected through your use of the Site or through any communications that you have had with us. You have the right to access your information and should direct any request for your information to us here. Please note that currently a fee of ten pounds (£10.00) may be payable to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
9.2 If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete you have the right to rectify your information by sending us a written request to us here.
9.3 You have the right to ask us not to process your information (or pass your information to other companies or organisations) for marketing purposes. You can request this by contacting us here.
9.4 If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How to contact us
The Site is owned by Sonin. Our office trading address is 34 Bell Street, Reigate, Surrey RH2 7SL and our registered company number is 6365359.